LeRoy Federal Credit Union
Banks And Savings And Loan
LeRoy Federal Credit Union was federally chartered in 1958 as L-M Employees Federal Credit Union, to service the employees and family members of employees of the LeRoy Machine Company, Inc. The Credit Union grew and prospered up until the third quarter of 1981. Unfortunately, an economic slowdown in the beginning of 1982 resulted in layoffs at the plant and threatened the future growth and stability of the Credit Union. To insure continued growth and expanded services to its members, the governing board applied for and was granted a community charter in 1983.