United Way of Greater Rochester and the Finger Lakes
Director of Marketing & Communications
The Director of Marketing and Communications is responsible for developing, planning and implementing strategic marketing and communications that supports the mission and vision of United Way of Greater Rochester and the Finger Lakes. This position leads the Marketing and Communications Department as a full-service in-house agency providing brand management, creative design, events management, online platforms, targeted outreach and communication strategies. The Director partners with other departments to develop and prioritize effective engagement strategies to inspire and engage a range of stakeholders in our 6-county region. The Director of Marketing & Communications is a member of United Way’s leadership team.
Skills and Competencies
- Leads a department of marketing professionals to grow, prioritize, align and deliver on organizational goals
- Develops and implements strategic marketing communications plans to achieve the organization’s business objectives and maximize brand recognition to inspire the community about the work of United Way in our 6-county region
- Works with internal team and external partners to plan and oversee all aspects of advertising, promotion and public relations activities including print, online, media, and direct mail to achieve optimal awareness and engagements
- Partners with Community Impact and Resource Development Teams to impactfully tell our story to inspire others to invest in our mission and community change work
- Collaborates with the fundraising team to develop donor touchpoints which includes but is not limited to: donor outreach, the Direct to Consumer program, appreciation/recognition program execution, and annual campaign program materials and communications
- Directs and oversees website and social media strategy and content, and additional digital marketing opportunities
- Stays atop of best practices and industry trends to continuously evolve and enhance overall communications strategy
- Shapes core messages for the organization including Annual Campaign Theme development, communications training for staff, and support for speech writing goals and objectives by audience
- Responsible for the strategic execution of United Way’s Day of Caring, ROC the Day, and all United Way events
- Supports the Community Impact team with materials, communications and event coordination.
- Oversees hiring, training, development of workplans, and department performance reviews for the marketing and communications team.
- Maintains effective control of marketing communications budgets, and takes corrective action to ensure that achievement of objectives falls within designated budgets
- Consistently demonstrates the values and mission of United Way
- Performs other duties as assigned
- Values diversity, equity and inclusion, possesses cultural humility
- Strong leadership with proven results
- Marketing strategy and measurement
- Communication proficiency
- Customer service focused
- Strong writing and proofreading skills
- Analytical ability/problem solver
- Strategic thinker
- Ability to multi-task
- Business acumen
- Technical capacity
Reports to: Chief Operating Officer
This position manages all employees of the department and shares responsibility with the COO for performance management and hiring of the employees within the department.
This job may be hybrid (remote work and in-office work at 75 College Ave Rochester, NY)
Travel is primarily local during the business day, although some out-of-the-area and overnight travel may be expected.
Education and Experience
Bachelor’s degree in marketing or related field from an accredited program with a minimum of 7 years of related marketing experience and 5 years of management experience; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
Join the team!
United Way of Greater Rochester and the Finger Lakes is a dynamic and collaborative work environment comprised of dedicated professionals who are driven to make our community a better place. Join our team and make an impact serving our region with your time and talent.
Our mission is to unite the goodwill and resources of our community so that everyone can thrive. That means that our team is committed to working with local donors, businesses, not-for-profit program partners, municipalities and individuals to make this region stronger and more vibrant together.
Our core values define who we are and how we serve our community. United Way and our team members are caring, collaborative, equity-driven, innovative, respectful, results-oriented and trustworthy. United Way strives to ensure employees and external partners always feel valued, connected and empowered.
What we offer
How to Apply
- Competitive financial and wellness benefits
- Generous paid time off, retirement plan, and other fringe benefits
- Hybrid working arrangements
- Opportunities to give back to the community in life-changing ways
- Paid professional development
- Team events and internal committees for connection opportunities and fun!
Candidates may apply online at: https://unitedwayrocflx.org/about-us/join-our-team/
United Way is committed to equal employment opportunities for all employees and applicants for employment. United Way prohibits discrimination against employees and applicants in all aspects of employment including but not limited to recruitment, hiring, compensation, promotion, training, leaves of absences, benefits, termination, employer sponsored activities, social and recreational programs, and recognition. United Way prohibits discrimination against all legally protected classes including age, color, creed, disability, domestic violence victim status, gender expression, gender identity, genetic predisposition, marital status, military status, national origin, parental status, political affiliation, pregnancy related condition, prior arrest/conviction record, race, religion, reproduction health choices, sex, sexual orientation, or other non-merit-based factors.