We are currently seeking temporary Production Workers. The ideal candidates will have prior material handling experience and excellent communication skills. All qualified, responsible applicants are encouraged to apply. We offer a competitive salary and generous paid time off. Must be able to work weekends and holidays, 1st, 2nd & 3rd shift available.
Job Description & Requirements:
- This position may be asked to work as a Filler Operator responsible for ensuring optimum quality products through the operation of the filler of various product families following regulatory standards, ensuring the product is clean and sterile.
- Clean, set-up, operate and monitor equipment of the production line.
- Complete all required documentation and scheduled quality checks.
- Monitor weights, seals, caps, and general packaging of product.
- Ability to troubleshoot and resolve basic to moderate operating difficulties.
- Collect required samples needed for Quality Assurance testing.
- Ensure that the proper packaging materials are used for each product being produced.
- Will have working knowledge and experience with labeler operations; watching for jams and effectively threading wrap to prevent downtime due to error.
- Perform filler and filler line changeovers in a safe and efficient manner.
- Complete cleaning checklist once line has completed run.
- Prepare equipment for next run to include size changes as needed.
- Ensure all paperwork is filled out in a clear, legible and accurate format, and completed with required information. Ensure all required information is documented in accordance with SOP’s.
- Utilizing continuous improvement mindset, assist in identifying opportunities to improve processes
- Maintain a clean, sanitary and safe work area.
- Follow all required work safe practices. This would include wearing of all required PPE in designated areas, confined space safety, safe chemical handling, fall restraints, etc.
- Responsible for food safety, pre-requisite programs and food quality related to designated area.
- Report any food safety and food quality related issues to management immediately.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- Able to add, subtract, multiply and divide in all units of measure, using whole numbers, common fractions and decimals.
- Must be able to stand, walk, push or pull for virtually the entire shift.
- Must be able to lift up to 50 pounds occasionally including overhead.
- Must be able to work in a wet environment. Some exposure to cleaning chemicals.
- Must be willing to work flexible hours including overtime, weekends and holidays.
- Be able to effectively work in a team environment.
- Ability to work in a fast paced environment.
Upstate Niagara Cooperative, Inc. is committed to equal employment opportunity for all, without regard to race, religion, color, national origin, citizenship, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, veteran status, disability, genetic information, or any other protected characteristic.
Equal Opportunity Employer/Protected Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities
The contractor will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. However, employees who have access to the compensation information of other employees or applicants as a part of their essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of other employees or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise have access to compensation information, unless the disclosure is (a) in response to a formal complaint or charge, (b) in furtherance of an investigation, proceeding, hearing, or action, including an investigation conducted by the employer, or (c) consistent with the contractor’s legal duty to furnish information. 41 CFR 60-1.35(c)