Are you a self-driven person looking to advance your career as a high-impact player on a team? If so, we have an exciting challenge for you and your future!
HP Hood’s culture is built on value commitments to innovation, quality, results, integrity, community, people, and collaboration that fosters a strong employee engagement, teamwork, safety and wellness.
We offer a competitive benefits package that includes health, dental, vision, wellness programs, tuition reimbursement, employee discount programs, 401k matches and more.
Founded in 1846, today HP Hood is one of the largest and most trusted food and beverage manufacturers in the United States. Our portfolio of national and super-regional brands and licensed products includes Hood, Heluva Good, Lactaid, Blue Diamond Almond Breeze, Planet Oat, Hershey’s Milk & Milkshakes and more.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Laboratory testing to meet regulatory standards and Standard Methods for the Dairy Industry.
- Pulling, logging, and running finish product and processing samples for all test required on each product.
- Pull sample of incoming raw material and packaging to determine acceptability of loads from our suppliers.
- Audit CIP chemical concentrations and ensures compliance to company specifications.
- Must be able to prepare media and other lab controls. These would include but are not limited to pour plates, buffer water, etc.
- Operate autoclave to sterilize plates and equipment as needed while ensuring sterility test are accurate.
- Assist in lab equipment PMs such as cleaning the Micro Luminescence Systems weekly with caustic; drain and clean the autoclave bi-weekly; changing fluid standards and filters on the cryoscopy.
- Inoculating batch tanks with enzyme and vitamins and recording usages on the various logs.
- Responsible for the daily cleanup and review of racking systems in the incubators and cooler to set up for shelf life testing.
- Participate in environmental testing in and around plant that includes swabbing, air plating, water sampling, etc.
- Verifies that plant equipment meets sanitation requirements prior to start up.
- Various tasks involving the responsibility of the food safety and quality of company products
Education and Experience:
- High School diploma or equivalent required
- BS/BA in Science or prior experience in food manufacturing laboratory preferred
- Knowledge of microbiology, chemistry and general laboratory testing
- Intermediate Computer Skill (i.e. Word, Excel, etc.)
Skills and Competencies:
- Ability to work well with people.
- Communication skills are a must.
- Multi-tasked Individual
- Ability to work independently.
- Ability to move throughout all areas of the facility including but not limited to office, production, and warehouse environments. Including the outside perimeter of the building.
- Able to wear all necessary personal protective equipment to perform job functions.
- Stand and/or sit continuously and perform job functions for a full shift with meal break.
- Physically able to stand, bend, stoop, kneel, reach, twist, lift, push, pull, climb, balance, crouch, handle and move items weighing up to 50 pounds without assistance and move objects exceeding 50 pounds with reasonable accommodations.
- Visual acuity corrected to perform job functions.
Equal Opportunity Employer/Protected Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities
The contractor will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. However, employees who have access to the compensation information of other employees or applicants as a part of their essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of other employees or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise have access to compensation information, unless the disclosure is (a) in response to a formal complaint or charge, (b) in furtherance of an investigation, proceeding, hearing, or action, including an investigation conducted by the employer, or (c) consistent with the contractor’s legal duty to furnish information. 41 CFR 60-1.35(c)