Artist/Arts in Education Coordinator
Artist/Arts in Education Coordinator
GLOW ART COUNCILS
Genesee-Orleans Regional Arts Council (GOART!)
Arts Council for Wyoming County (ACWC)
Genesee Valley Council on the Arts (GVCA)
The GLOW Arts Councils are accepting applications for an Artist/Arts in Education Coordinator. We are seeking applicants who are dynamic and energetic with strong organizational skills. This position will play a critical role in the building of the GLOW region’s Arts in Education Program. The ideal candidate is highly motivated, personable, and articulate with excellent communication, computer and writing skills. Previous experience with the New York State Public Education System is preferred. The person must possess the ability to organize work, set priorities, meet critical deadlines and follow up on tasks with minimal direction and oversight; and be able to apply creative thinking to solutions. This position will require an average of 15 hours per week depending on workload, events, and organizations’ scheduling. This is a two year granted position with potential of being extended beyond. There is also the potential of the hours being increased upon mutual agreement. The position is a hybrid of remote and in-person. In-person can be at any of the three art councils.
The Artist/Arts in Education Coordinator serves as a liaison between artists, art councils, ensembles and the schools or community partners to schedule workshops and performances. The Artist/Arts in Education Coordinator will be highly organized and detail-oriented and a strong relationship builder.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
Support Program Department in the scheduling and administration of programs within the GLOW Art Councils, GLOW school districts and GLOW community partners.
Duties include but are not limited to:
● Scheduling bookings and programs including communication with schools, community partners, entry into database system and tracking/sending confirmations.
● Efficiently using internal file sharing system to maintain accurate records of confirmed programs and budgets.
● Preparing and sends programming invoices using database system.
● Distributes and compiles reports for monthly assessment and evaluation tools.
● Preparing statistical reports.
● Supporting Education Directors in scheduling and budgeting for residencies and partnerships.
● Coordinating Arts in Education Learning programming with school and cultural partners.
● Collaborating with Teaching Artists to connect booking partners to the right programs while maintaining up-to date records.
● Managing arts materials requests, storage and technical requirements.
● Managing artist directory information using database system and internal file sharing protocols.
● Assisting Education Directors in issuing and securing annual artist contracts, bios, program pricing and program descriptions for annual updating the database and internal final sharing systems.
● Proactively updating the artist roster to be able to build relationships and communicate about artists and programs during outreach activities. Office Management and Logistics Oversee administrative and logistical components of the Arts in Education Program.
● Receiving incoming phone calls and emails, maintaining a friendly, knowledgeable and helpful demeanor.
● Assisting with creating and maintaining efficient systems for file and data management.
● Providing support to the GLOW Executive Directors as needed.
● 2+ years of experience in an administrative and/or educational role preferred
● Associates (Bachelors preferred) in an administrative and/or education field preferred
● Commitment and passion for the mission of the GLOW Art Councils
● An eye for creating efficient systems and tracking details
● Ability to prioritize tasks and flexibility meet competing deadlines
● Ability to develop trusting relationships with diverse individuals of different backgrounds
● Experience using various computer systems and online platforms
● Strong oral and written communication skill
● Comfortable making cold calls
● Candidates with non-profit experience are a plus
● Multilingual candidates are a plus
This is a non-exempt, part-time hourly position with a pay rate of $20.00/hour. To apply: Send an email with “Artist/Arts in Education Coordinator” in the subject line to email@example.com. Include in pdf format: resume, cover letter, and three references, that will only be called after a candidate has an interview. The GLOW Art Councils are equal opportunity employers. We will not discriminate and will take affirmative action measures to ensure against discrimination in employment, recruitment, advertisements for employment, compensation, termination, upgrading, promotions, and other conditions of employment against any employee or job applicant on the bases of race, color, gender, national origin, age, religion, creed, disability, veteran's status, sexual orientation, gender identity or gender expression.