Responsible for greeting customers while performing a variety of duties to support the efficient and accurate paying and receiving function of the branch according to Company policies and procedures; coordinate work within the unit, as well as with other units and/or departments; report pertinent information to the immediate supervisor; respond to inquiries or request for information.
- Perform a variety of duties quickly and accurately to support the paying and receiving function of the branch of which the following are illustrative:
- Accept and process deposit transactions.
- Cash checks and process withdrawal transactions within approved authority and operating policy, while ensuring proper identification is obtained and verifying sufficient funds are available.
- Accept and process utility payments. (VIST Only)
- Sell Cashier’s Checks.
- Redeem EE Savings Bonds.
- Issue approved cash advances on Company accepted credit cards.
- Transfer funds between accounts as required.
- Accept and process all types of loan payments and credit card payments (TTC, MB, BOC).
- Maintain an awareness of new business opportunities with customers; actively refers customers to appropriate customer service personnel.
- Respond to telephone inquiries from customers regarding balances, withdrawals, verification of accounts, etc.
- Prepare daily settlement and proof of cash transactions; balance cash drawer accurately, quickly and efficiently on a daily basis.
- Prepare and review reports relating to the function, e.g. Currency Transaction Reports (CTRs), Bank Secrecy Reports, etc.
- Maintain supplies and an awareness of Teller supply inventory control.
- Process night deposit, mail deposit, ATM deposit and courier deposit transactions
- Maintain an approved level of cash, and sell excess cash and/or mutilated cash when appropriate.
- Balance and/or service ATM machines, coin machines, or currency transaction machines when necessary.
- Verify and wrap coin and/or currency for vault control purposes.
- Coordinate specific work tasks with other personnel within the unit as well as with other units and/or departments in order to ensure the smooth and efficient flow of information.
- Abide by the current laws and organizational policies and procedures designed and implemented to promote an environment that is free of harassment and other forms of illegal discriminatory behavior in the work place.
- Cooperate with, participate in, and support the adherence to all internal policies, procedures, and practices in support of risk management and overall safety and soundness and the Company’s compliance with all regulatory requirements; ensure that the unit and all personnel adhere to the same.
- Provide safe deposit box service to customers.
- Communicate with the Senior Teller, other unit supervisors, and appropriate staff personnel to integrate activities.
- Provide timely reporting to the Senior Teller and other appropriate groups or individuals.
- Work Saturdays and evenings as required; open and close the branch as required.
- Assist customers in a friendly and courteous manner.
- Report pertinent information to the immediate supervisor as requests, or according to an established schedule; compile information as necessary or as directed and provides data to appropriate Company personnel.
- Respond to inquiries relating to his/her particular area, or to requests from customers, other Company personnel, etc. within given time frames and within established policy.
- All other duties as assigned.
- A high school diploma or equivalent preferred.
- Cash handling experience in banking, cash office or retail setting. Six months to one (1) year of experience is preferred.
- Excellent customer service skills.
- Exemplary organizational, problem-solving and communication skills.
- Ability to follow precise directions.
- Ability to operate teller equipment and learn banking systems quickly.
- Proficient PC skills.
- Moderate typing and ability to operate various office machines.
Please note: In order to be considered for this Position, you are required to take the Predictive Index Assessment. Please click on the following link to take the assessment, it will take approximately ten (10) minutes to complete https://assessment.predictiveindex.com/bo/IDZ/TellerTompkins
Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer Tompkins Financial Corporation is committed to the hiring, advancement and fair treatment of all individuals without regard to race, color, creed, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability, veteran status, marital status, family status, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, and genetic information, or any other protected status in accordance with applicable federal and state laws.