Responsible for performing a variety of duties to support the efficient and accurate paying and receiving function as well as support the consumer sales and service function of the branches according to Company policies and procedures; perform policy and procedural audits within assigned branch region; coordinate work within the unit, as well as with other units and/or departments; report pertinent information to the Community Banking Associate; respond to inquiries or requests for information. Support the Community Banking Associate Branch Administration functions.
- Travel between branches to perform internal branch assessments to ensure proper implementation and adherence to established policies and procedures.
- Provide support in the development of branch policies and procedures; document approved policies and procedures in the standard format.
- Perform a variety of duties to support the retail side of the Company:
- Provide general support to branches regarding, deposit and Browser issues, Teller transaction and difference issues, legal and compliance issues and general product questions.
- Test new products on Browser.
- Review daily teller balancing.
- Review monthly Branch Control Forms, identify where corrections are needed, and communicate issues to branches.
- Review Missing TIN Report, contacting various branches when necessary.
- Maintain Float Teller Differences Records.
- Support branches for Teller Difference Research.
- Balance Teller Suspense Accounts.
- Assist with monthly float schedule.
- Complete FDICIA monthly reconciliation certifications in Trecs.
- Maintain Teller Transaction Log.
- Monitor CD Penalties to ensure exception document as applicable.
- Monitor and track branch cash to ensure that limits are within Company policy.
- Participate in Assistant Branch Manager/Customer Service Representative and Teller Supervisor meetings.
- Mentor new employees.
- Monitor override limits.
- Respond to inquiries relating to his/her particular area, or to requests from customers, other Company personnel, etc., within given time frames and within established policy.
- May require Nationwide Mortgage Licensing System & Registry (NMLS) registration to assist with the consumer and residential lending process.
- All other duties as assigned.
- A High School Diploma or GED.
- A minimum of three (3) years’ experience in a branch position with some experience as a Customer Service Specialist.
- Notary License.
- Proficient PC skills (Microsoft Word and Microsoft Excel), proficient interpersonal relations and communicative skills.
- Ability to work independently.
Requires the ability to lift 0-50lbs. on a frequent basis. Movement that may be required for a prolonged period of time, includes, but is not limited to: sitting, standing, bending, leaning, pushing, reaching and keying/data entry/typing as is common and typical in a branch/office environment.
Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer Tompkins Financial Corporation is committed to the hiring, advancement and fair treatment of all individuals without regard to race, color, creed, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability, veteran status, marital status, family status, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, and genetic information, or any other protected status in accordance with applicable federal and state laws.