UNITED WAY OF GREATER ROCHESTER AND THE FINGER LAKES
EXECUTIVE ASSISTANT TO THE PRESIDENT
The Executive Assistant to the President leads administrative and strategic support to the President & CEO at United Way of Greater Rochester and the Finger Lakes. Working independently in a fast-paced environment with changing priorities, this position performs a broad range of executive administrative, organization and coordination duties. This position serves as the primary point of contact for internal and external constituents on all matters pertaining to the Office of the President.
The Executive Assistant to the President works closely with the President & CEO, Board of Directors, Leadership Team, Task Forces, Committees and employees. This position represents the President & CEO and United Way at all times and is focused on providing exemplary service to all constituents. This position also leads and supports special projects and initiatives as identified to fulfill the objectives of the strategic plan and mission.
• Successfully runs and operates the President’s Office smoothly and efficiently. Supports the President & CEO in a wide variety of administrative tasks and responsibilities.
• Represents the President’s Office and United Way in a positive, professional manner internally and externally, with a strong focus on customer service and responsiveness
• Intentionally works with a focus on advancing diversity, equity, inclusion and belonging practices throughout United Way
• Serves as the liaison between the President and employees and the President and external stakeholders and partners. Effectively communicates, filters and analyzes information to and from the President’s office.
• Proactively manages and maintains the President & CEO’s appointment schedule by planning and scheduling meetings, conferences, and travel
• Works with key staff to ensure President & CEO has materials in advance for all appointments and engagements • Manages the Leadership Team’s weekly meeting agendas, manages an Asana board and ensures action items are captured and followed through on. Plans and manages the quarterly strategic planning Leadership team working sessions.
• Leads all support and management for the Board of Directors, Governance Committee and Board Task Forces
• Composes routine and non-routine correspondence. Prepares letters, memos and other documents. Compiles and organizes data for special reports. Transcribes and distributes meeting minutes and follows through with action items and tasks where applicable.
• Responsible for inputting and submitting expense reports
• Engages in cross department work, ad hoc committees and manages special projects
• Creates content and presentations in different programs including: Word, PowerPoint, Visio, BoardEffect, and other software programs as required
• Maintains professional and technical knowledge to remain operationally proficient and productive
• Consistently demonstrates the values and mission of United Way
• Performs other duties as assigned Skills and Competencies
• Values diversity, equity and inclusion, possesses cultural humility
• Ability to proactively learn and anticipate the needs of the President & CEO to protect the President’s time and priorities
• Keen awareness of patterns and trends
• Serves as a dot connecter
• Strong attention to detail
• Ability to make decisions with high judgment skills
• Critical thinker, analytical aptitude, problem solver
• Customer service oriented
• Adept in learning technology and systems:
o Expert level in Microsoft Office programs: PowerPoint, Excel, Word, and Outlook
o Microsoft Visio experience is preferred o Experience in Team and Project Software: Asana and Slack preferred
o Experience with BoardEffect or online committee/board platforms preferred
• Adept at creating procedures
• Project management skills with the ability to follow through on tasks and projects
• Excellent writer and communication skills
• Strong comprehension skills
• Ability to time manage and prioritize
President & CEO
Local travel may be required on an occasional basis.
Education and Experience
A Bachelor’s degree in a related field from an accredited program with at least 5 years of experience in an executive administrative or office management role; or 8 years of experience in an executive administrative role; and/or equivalent combination of education and experience.
JOIN THE TEAM!
United Way of Greater Rochester and the Finger Lakes is a dynamic and collaborative work environment comprised of dedicated professionals who are driven to make our community a better place. Join our team and make an impact serving our region with your time and talent.
Our mission is to unite the goodwill and resources of our community so that everyone can thrive. That means that our team is committed to working with local donors, businesses, not-for-profit program partners, municipalities and individuals to make our community stronger and more vibrant together.
Our core values define who we are and how we serve our community. United Way and our team members are caring, collaborative, equity-driven, innovative, respectful, results-oriented and trustworthy. United Way strives to ensure employees and external partners feel valued, connected, and empowered.
WHAT WE OFFER
• Competitive financial and wellness benefits
• Generous paid time off, retirement plan, and other fringe benefits
• Hybrid working arrangements
• Opportunities to give back to the community in life-changing ways
• Paid professional development
• Team events and internal committees for connection opportunities and fun!
How to Apply
Candidates may apply online at: https://unitedwayrocflx.org/about-us/join-our-team/
This job description lists only the responsibilities and qualifications deemed essential to the position in support of the ADA. Reasonable accommodations may be provided to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. United Way of Greater Rochester and the Finger Lakes is an Equal Opportunity Employer. This policy prohibits discrimination based on sex, race, color, religion, creed, national origin, age, marital status, sexual orientation, gender expression, disability, genetic predisposition, veteran status, or status as a member of any other protected group or activity.