Relationship Manager - Western Region
UNITED WAY OF GREATER ROCHESTER AND THE FINGER LAKES
RELATIONSHIP MANAGER- WESTERN REGION
The Relationship Manager for the Western Region is responsible for community outreach in Genesee and Wyoming Counties. This position is part of the Resource Development team and works collaboratively with the Community Impact team developing meaningful relationships; department strategies; and implementing new initiatives through the application of the Relationship Manager position to ignite workplace campaigns and fundraising events to raise money to help the Greater Rochester and the Finger Lakes, specifically the Western region. The Relationship Manager to the Western Region develops and cultivates relationships to meet our mission so everyone in our community can thrive.
• Collaborates in strategic planning for the annual campaign
• Develops fundraising strategies for assigned portfolios
• Responsible for creating and meeting fundraising goals
• Maintains a database in Salesforce
• Partners with organizations in Resource Development portfolio and non-profit community agencies
• Works with assigned coordinators in portfolio to develop and implement a United Way presence at the workplace on a year-round basis, including leadership development cultivation, special events, and/or volunteer activities
• Makes presentations at workplace campaigns
• Responsible for data collection, analysis, reporting and integrity for assigned portfolios
• Collaborates on long-range planning initiatives for the Resource Development Department
• Provides training to Employee Campaign Coordinators, updates training materials, and facilitates volunteer recognition initiatives
• Consistently demonstrates the values and mission of United Way
• Performs other duties as assigned
SKILLS AND COMPETENCIES
• Upholds inclusion and equity values and possesses cultural humility
• Effective communication
• Business acumen
• Communication proficiency
• Goal oriented
• Relationship management
• Strategic thinker
FLSA CLASSIFICATION: Non-Exempt
REPORTS TO: Director of Development
There are no supervisory responsibilities
Travel is primarily local during the business day in the Western Region (Genesee and Wyoming County) with occasional visits to the Eastern Region and the Central Office in Rochester NY.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE
Associate’s Degree in a related field from an accredited program, 2 years of experience in fundraising, development, sales, customer service or related field, or equivalent combination of education and/or experience. Previous not-for-profit experience is preferred.
JOIN THE TEAM!
United Way of Greater Rochester and the Finger Lakes is a dynamic and collaborative work environment comprised of dedicated professionals who are driven to make our community a better place. Join our team and make an impact serving our region with your time and talent.
Our mission is to unite the goodwill and resources of our community so that everyone can thrive. That means that our team is committed to working with local donors, businesses, not-for-profit program partners, municipalities and individuals to make this region stronger and more vibrant together.
Our core values define who we are and how we serve our community. United Way and our team members are caring, collaborative, equity-driven, innovative, respectful, results-oriented and trustworthy. United Way strives to ensure employees and external partners feel valued, connected, and empowered.
WHAT WE OFFER • Competitive financial and wellness benefits • Generous paid time off, retirement plan, and other fringe benefits • Hybrid working arrangements • Opportunities to give back to the community in life-changing ways • Paid professional development • Team events and internal committees for connection opportunities and fun!
How to Apply
Candidates may apply online at: https://unitedwayrocflx.org/about-us/join-our-team/
This job description lists only the responsibilities and qualifications deemed essential to the position in support of the ADA. Reasonable accommodations may be provided to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. United Way of Greater Rochester and the Finger Lakes is an Equal
Opportunity Employer. This policy prohibits discrimination based on age, color, creed, disability, domestic violence victim status, familial status, gender expression and identity, genetic pre-disposition, marital status, military status, national origin, parental status, political affiliation, pregnancy related condition, prior arrest/conviction record, race, religion, reproductive health choices, sex, sexual orientation, or other non-merit-based factors.